Sandberg Carlbergs Trad Green 611-04Sandberg Sandberg
In the 18th Century, Gothenburg had a town architect named Carl-Wilhelm Carlberg (1746-1814). He designed a large number of beautiful buildings, such as the Gothenburg Cathedral, Gothenburg Town Hall and Gunnebo Palace. In 1784, as part of his work as town architect, Carlberg produced a rendering of small shops to add beauty to an existing wall. Under his lovely drawing, he explained that the function of these small shops was to “provide the residents of the city with a convenient way of satisfying the needs for useful items through shops for porcelain, glass, iron goods, leather, snuff and tobacco, clothing and baked goods”. In addition, he writes that these small shops should be built “under and between the lush and leafy trees already present”, and one of these trees now appears on this wallpaper. Every roll of wallpaper contains a tree, but you can place several of these trees next to each other. The drawing is preserved in the Regional Archives in Gothenburg.
Dimension 1,80×2,70 m. Repeatable sideways. For best result start hanging from floor up.
Paste the Wall
Design supplied in set of 4 x 45 cm panels
Please allow 5 business days for delivery
- Width: 180 cm
- Length: 2.70 m
- Design Name: Carl Wilhelm Carlberg
To see shipping rates for your country you can do the following three simple steps:
- Add the items you want to your cart
- Select your country within your cart
- Enter post/zip code
- See instant shipping fees!
- NO NEED TO CHECK OUT TO OBTAIN A QUOTATION INCLUDING DELIVERY
- Get free standard delivery on all orders over £150 to the UK - this includes wallpaper, fabric and accessories and can consist of a single item or multiple items.